Kids In The Spotlight
Can't Stop, Won't Stop: KITS Back on Set Filming After COVID Delays
WHAT A WEEKEND!!!! 🎬📽️💙🎉
After much delay in being together, especially on set, we have officially wrapped production on all the short films our youth wrote virtually in 2020! But, as always, we couldn't have done it without some amazing industry partners.
Huge THANKS & round of applause to:
- Steve Wagner at The Villa Serena Filming Location for, once again, letting us take over your amazing property to film our projects over the weekend.
- the cast & crew of Bully, as we wrapped production on an incredible film written by & starring the talented Rodney Jackson-Brown, who won our inaugural KITS National Short Screenplay Competition!! Directed by David Mahmoudieh, this one is going to be truly special!
- the casts & crews of our 2 summer program films - A Midsummer Day's Dream & Sabor Del Exito - that we shot on Saturday! Thank you to directors, Ed Broaddus & Rami Rivera Frankl, for taking on these ambitious stories, and for bringing these stories to life for our youth screenwriters.
- The Camera Division, The Warner Bros. Property Department, Prop Services West & Lee Marvin's Prop Heaven for the camera equipment, lighting & props necessary to shoot these films at a high level.
- our longtime partners at Aveda Institute Los Angeles for making sure everyone was camera ready & Impeccable Taste Catering for the delish mango chicken, shrimp & vegetarian meals for both crews on Saturday!!!
- Black Buddha Media Group's production team spending time on set with KITS & interviewing us as a Super Bowl LVI champion organization, thanks to LA Super Bowl Host Committee, LASEC, LA84 Foundation, Play Equity Fund & the NFL.
Whewwww... when we say it takes a village, this is what we mean!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!